Frequently Asked Questions
Applying and receiving vouchers
1. Am I eligible for the Climate-Friendly Households Programme?
To be eligible for the programme, your address should be registered at a 1-, 2- or 3- room HDB flat. If you are unsure whether you fall in this category, you may check your details on MyInfo.
2. I will be moving into my 1-/ 2-/3-room BTO soon. Am I eligible for the programme?
Yes, all new 1-, 2-, 3- room HDB home owners are eligible for the vouchers during the length of the programme (i.e. before 31 December 2023). Do note that your registered address would need to be updated to your new BTO address for you to receive your vouchers.
3. What e-vouchers will I receive?
- 1 x $25 voucher to purchase LED bulbs and/or tubes
- 1 x $50 voucher to purchase shower fittings with 3 ticks on the water efficiency labelling scheme (WELS) label
- 1 x $150 voucher to offset the purchase of a refrigerator that carries 3 ticks or more on the energy label and uses a climate-friendly refrigerant
For a full list of eligible products under the programme, click here.
4. How and when will I receive my vouchers?
You can click on this link or scan the QR code below to access the online form.
Upon applying for your voucher via this link, you will receive your voucher via an SMS from RedeemSG within 5 minutes if you are eligible. Please look out for an SMS that looks like this - see below SMS. Please do not trust any links starting with a different link prefix, the link should start with https://v.redeem.gov.sg/.
Do note that you will only receive the SMS if you are ascertained to be eligible for the programme.
Voucher terms and conditions
For a full list of the Voucher T&Cs, click here
5. When do the vouchers expire?
31 December 2023
6. Where can I redeem my vouchers?
You can redeem your e-Vouchers at any participating retail stores. You may refer to the full list of participating retailers on www.climate-friendly-households.gov.sg/retailers/list-of-retailers/.
7. Can I let my son/daughter help me redeem my voucher?
Yes, you can.
If your son/daughter resides at the same residential address as you, then they will have to produce their own NRIC to the retail assistant at the point of purchase.
If your son/daughter does not reside at the same address as you, they will have to produce a copy of your original NRIC to the retail assistant at the point of purchase.
8. Can vouchers be resold online?
No, vouchers cannot be resold online. All vouchers that are found to be resold online will be voided immediately.
9. Can I use the balance of the e-Voucher if I do not fully utilise it?
The e-Voucher is for one-time use only. Once it is redeemed, it cannot be used again even if it is only claimed partially.
10. What is the process for redeeming vouchers?
Simply open up the voucher link, and present the voucher together with your NRIC at any of the participating retail stores. The cashier will scan the barcode on your voucher or key in the voucher number for you to be able to use the voucher.
Please note that you will need the NRIC to be able to redeem your vouchers.
11. Can I show a screenshot of the vouchers at the point of redemption?
You are required to show the voucher in its original form (i.e. display your voucher on your mobile phone).
12. I forgot to bring my NRIC. What other forms of identification are acceptable?
You may present an official letter (e.g. utilities bill, credit card bill) addressed to you and indicating your residential address.
13. I have completed my purchase without redeeming the e-Voucher, can I get reimbursed directly from NEA or PUB?
Only participating merchants can redeem/accept the e-Vouchers and the use of the e-Voucher is also subject to the retailer’s own terms and conditions. You may check with your retailer if they can accommodate any request to redeem the e-Vouchers.
14. I don’t have Singpass. What should I do?
Option 1: You may register for Singpass online. Do note that the pin will be mailed to your residential address in 5 working days.
Option 2: To receive your Singpass immediately, you may proceed to your nearest SingPass counter location. Click here to find a counter near you.
15. I don’t have a mobile phone. What should I do?
IMDA’s Mobile Access for Seniors is a scheme that provides subsidised smartphone and mobile plan to lower-income seniors who want to go digital but lack the financial means to do so. For more information of eligibility criteria and how to apply, please visit http://www.imda.gov.sg/programme-listing/Mobile-Access-for-Seniors
16. Do I need a smartphone to access the vouchers?
You only need a mobile phone with basic internet access.
17. I am a senior citizen and am not tech-savvy. Please help!
You may wish to approach IMDA’s SG Digital Offices to learn how to go digital. For more information and to find your nearest SG Digital Office, call 6377 3800 or visit https://www.imda.gov.sg/seniorsgodigital
18. I would like to find out more about how the e-vouchers work and about the system that is behind the e-vouchers.
For more information, please refer to the redeem.gov.sg website and FAQs here.